Participate In a Budget Event
Past Event: Budget Public Information Night
Join us to learn more about what is proposed in the budget for the next five years.
We'll discuss the 2022-2026 five year financial plan and what is driving the proposed 4.07% property tax revenue requirement increase in 2022.
The Budget Public Information Night is an opportunity for you to meet with Council, ask questions of staff, and learn about how we are working to meet our community's needs today, while planning for tomorrow.
You may choose to attend virtually or in-person at Municipal Hall. Pre-registration is required to attend in-person.
Click here for the link to the virtual meeting (pre-registration is not required)
5:30 p.m.: Meet and greet with Council at Municipal Hall (foyer)
6 p.m.: Meeting begins
- Online audience joins the WebEx, and in-person attendees are seated in Council Chambers
- Welcome by Mayor Karen Elliott
- Introduction by Linda Glenday, Chief Administrative Officer
- Budget presentation by the District of Squamish Finance Team
6:30 p.m.: Open Question and Answer period
- Moderators will alternate between questions from the in-person audience and questions from the online audience.
- Once online questions wrap up, in-person attendees, Council and staff can return to mingling and conversation.
8 p.m.: Event ends
Past Event: Coffee with Council
Get to know your local Council, and share your budget priorities over the next five years as Council members pair up for casual conversation over a cup of coffee. All are welcome to attend. Coffee is on us!
Thursday, November 18, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
1811 Garibaldi Way, Squamish
Councillors John French and Doug Race
Thursday, October 28, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
38078 Cleveland Ave, Squamish
Councillors John French and Chris Pettingill
Thursday, November 4, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
The Ledge Community Coffee House
38055 Cleveland Ave, Squamish
Councillors Doug Race and Eric Andersen
Wednesday, November 10, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
The 55 Activity Centre
1201 Village Green Way, Squamish
Free parking is available underneath The 55
Councillors Eric Andersen and Armand Hurford
Past Event: Virtual Mayor's Drop-In
Whether you’re a lifelong Squamish resident or new to our town, we invite you to drop in to join Mayor Karen Elliott and Acting Mayor Chris Pettingill for an evening version of the virtual Mayor’s Drop-In on Monday, November 8 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Bring your community questions, ideas and suggestions, or simply drop by to say hello.
Residents are invited to connect face-to-face by joining with video, residents may also join with audio only. RSVP is encouraged to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Event: Facilities Replacements Public Information Night
Join us on Wednesday, October 27. Drop in between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The 55 Activity Centre -1201 Village Green Way
Visit with District of Squamish staff to learn about the facilities that are proposed to be upgraded and included in the 2022-26 Five Year Financial Plan. Information will be available on:
- Projects currently underway: Two new firehalls and Public Works Yard
- Proposed projects: Transit Maintenance Facility, Municipal Offices, Brennan Park Recreation Centre phase 1
- Future projects: Remaining phases of Brennan Park Recreation Centre (second ice rink, pool and wellness centre) and Library
Drop in between 5 and 7 p.m. to learn how facilities are being prioritized, how to provide feedback, and other factors that are informing the decision-making process.
We look forward to discussing with you and answering your questions!